Thread: Recharge Port Issues

Question Recharge Port Issues

Hello. This is my first time building a saber so bear with me.

I'm using a Crystal Focus V8 with a color extender and a tri-cree LED. I have an 18650 protected battery with a switchcraft recharge port. All items were purchased from the TCSS shop.

I seem to be having an issue with the recharge port shorting internally. When lightly bumped it will pop and occasionally spark inside the port(See video link at bottom). I've redone all of the solder joints on the recharge port as well as the boards and am still having the same issue.

I am also having an issue with the color extender board where the second channel is not functioning. It worked briefly when I bumped the board but now does not function regardless of which LED I have wired to it. This may be a totally separate issue though.

Here are some pictures and a video for reference.

http://imgur.com/a/A0kzG

https://youtu.be/w8Yy8SC_0-c (I normally do not get a boot sound after the shut off.)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
    Lynxx

What all is wired to that port?

Should have Battery and Board POS shared, the Battery Neg and Board Neg on separate tabs so when plugged in it breaks the board negative and only power to the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    What all is wired to that port?

Should have Battery and Board POS shared, the Battery Neg and Board Neg on separate tabs so when plugged in it breaks the board negative and only power to the battery.
    Battery and board positive are shared (Red wires). Board negative is on its own tab (Yellow Wire). Battery negative and RICE port negative are on the same tab(Black Wires), but the RICE port is not currently hooked up(Line is taped off).

I replaced the recharge port with a new one and it resolved the issues. It looks like one of the internal pieces was broken and would break the connection when jostled.