Thread: Hello, from snowy Hoth...I mean, Minnesota.

Default Hello, from snowy Hoth...I mean, Minnesota.

Hello, long-time Star Wars fan but never really got around to trying my own saber build. Well, it's time for that to change, hopefully!

I'm experienced with electronics from previous work experience, and prop building. So, I'm not a complete noob, but I still have a lot to learn for making a saber. I've been jumping around everywhere, checking out forums, websites, and youtube and just soaking up everything...it's a little overwhelming, but it's fun. I'm on a pretty limited budget, though, due to having a new baby boy. So, I figure building my own saber will give me the most value for my money and be the most rewarding. Still trying to figure out exactly what I want, and my options. Throwing around design ideas and just rough sketches. I have a ways to go, but I hope I can go on the rest of that journey with the forum.

We look forward to going on the journey with you. The nice thing about this little pursuit is if you plan it out you can build a nice base stunt saber that just lights up and as your budget and ideas grow you can build on it and make it anything you want. Have fun!

Welcome to the party dude. I look forward to see what you build. Good luck and MTFBWY.
    Oh, congrats on the new little life

Greenie