Thread: Super Noob Questions Part 2- Nano Biscotte v4

Default Super Noob Questions Part 2- Nano Biscotte v4

Hello All,

After reading the NBv4 Manual I have tried to set up a plan of how to wire myNBv4, Tri-Cree LED,recharge port,Power Xtender ver2, AV Switch, and 18650 battery. Please review and let me know what I need to change.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/149897...in/dateposted/

Any help is welcome

Thanks in Advance

I don't see any resistors. Otherwise it looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I don't see any resistors. Otherwise it looks good to me.
    Thanks for the reply

I am concerned that my config doesn't match the config in the manual. It is a mix of the configs from the TCSS YouTube videos. I am concerned that the config in the videos is based on NBv2 and v3. There aren't any vids for the v4. So I am worried that the config will ruin the board.

Funny you should mention resistors, I left them off the diagram because I have one question that keeps bothering me.
    Since each Die is individually connected to the board should I calculate the resistors individually or calculate the resistors as if the LEDs are connected in series or parallel? For the board to power 3 LEDs with just one 3.7V battery doesn't that mean the board is connecting the LEDs in parallel?

Thanks in advance

When you say config I'm assuming you mean config file on the SD card? You should have a new SD card with new Config for the NBv4 that came with it. With the new features I'm sure the config fie has changed a bit.

LED: You're doing a RGB set up, you'll have to resistor them seperately as each is controlled by a different driver, L1, L2, and L3/PeX

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    When you say config I'm assuming you mean config file on the SD card? You should have a new SD card with new Config for the NBv4 that came with it. With the new features I'm sure the config fie has changed a bit.

LED: You're doing a RGB set up, you'll have to resistor them seperately as each is controlled by a different driver, L1, L2, and L3/PeX
    Hi Warlock

Thanks for the response.

When I say config I meant the physical wiring of the items to the sound card. I based my connections off of the manual and the YouTube vids for the recharge port and Power Xtender which is different from the manual. What was confusing me was that while the negative leads from the RGB LEDs each go to separate pads(L1,L2,L3), the positive leads are all connected the same + pad so that lead me to assume(mistakenly) that it is really a parallel connection.

Any info you can provide is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
    Why the power extender?
    The power extender is required with the NBv4 if you want to do a full RGB set up. The signal pad on the board for the third led will only provide enough current to trigger the transistor on the pex, and cannot by itself power a high-power led like a Cree xpe2.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Dear all,

I just finished the wiring planning for my first saber. It has a similar setup like the one from hutch, just without any accent LED:

Wiring.jpg

I adapted the wiring to the pre-wired NBv4 from the shop with JST connectors to avoid soldering more than one wire to a single spot on the NB. And to minimize difficult soldering for a beginner like I am

Also, I incorporated transistor values, as explained in this thread:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law

What do you think of this wiring? Do you see any difficulties in implementation? And, of course, is it corrrect overall?

Thanks for any feedback

Pre-wired NBv4:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...e-V4-P835.aspx