Thread: 1st Build Parts Check List - Stunt Saber

Default 1st Build Parts Check List - Stunt Saber

Hi All,

Am wanting to build my first saber which will only be a stunt saber, will be following Madcows Tute on youtube
    Lucky me picked up a really cheap Ultrasaber initiate so this will be my first hilt, the research I have done is that TCSS parts should fit!

Here is my checklist below:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...8-41ab7bc42b2c

Please let me know if it looks ok, thanks!

I've converted a couple of my Ultrasabers and TCSS parts went in them no problem. By such a long list of parts I'm assuming you only have an empty hilt? If it has a pommel already you don't need the MPS clip. That holds end plates into MHS pommels. If your US doesn't have a pommel you will need to ad one to your list. Make sure what switch your US was drilled for. If it was not specificied when it was ordered it should hve a hole for the guarded switch like the one in your cart, but 16mm AV switches are an available option so ensure that's not what yours is has. The resistor seems like a lot of overkill on the wattage, but if you are just building a stunt saber with no sound you have plent of space in the hilt for that big resistor so it's not really a problem and you have heat so totally covered as to never be an issue. Enjoy your build!

You have two covertechs, but no way to attach the second one. Does your hilt already have a hole drilled and tapped for it?

I believe you also need a way to fix the heatsink/led assembly (set screw or other) because it won't lock between pieces properly in the us hilt.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    You have two covertechs, but no way to attach the second one. Does your hilt already have a hole drilled and tapped for it?

I believe you also need a way to fix the heatsink/led assembly (set screw or other) because it won't lock between pieces properly in the us hilt.
    Yes I realised I had two covertechs sorry, I don't think I will be using for this built so I am going to drop them from my cart
    Thank you, I will take a look at the set screws so I can fix my headsink/LED

Quote Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
    I've converted a couple of my Ultrasabers and TCSS parts went in them no problem. By such a long list of parts I'm assuming you only have an empty hilt? If it has a pommel already you don't need the MPS clip. That holds end plates into MHS pommels. If your US doesn't have a pommel you will need to ad one to your list. Make sure what switch your US was drilled for. If it was not specificied when it was ordered it should hve a hole for the guarded switch like the one in your cart, but 16mm AV switches are an available option so ensure that's not what yours is has. The resistor seems like a lot of overkill on the wattage, but if you are just building a stunt saber with no sound you have plent of space in the hilt for that big resistor so it's not really a problem and you have heat so totally covered as to never be an issue. Enjoy your build!
    Yes I have an empty hilt and it has a pommel therefore I will drop the MHS clip
    For the switch it says it was drilled for a 16mm switch

And thank you for the feedback!