Thread: Why you no cycle?

Default Why you no cycle?

Well ladies and gentlemen...I finally finished my first custom saber. I am super proud that I was able to wire it up properly...at least I think I did...Anyways I very much am in love with my first build. It is a gift for a brother of mine and I want it to be perfect. Which brings me to my problem. When I pull the kill key everything starts wonderfully. I get a boot up sound and when I push the momentary switch it lights up with a font and everything. i was even able to add a font from saberfont correctly (and it worked) The problem I am getting is when I try to cycle through sound fonts by holding down the switch (I am running the new NBv4 which should have 3 sound fonts installed already) I just get one loud beep and the LED's turn on...but no sound. I only have access to the one sound font which is great...but I wanted the access to all three...Like I said I feel that I have everything wired correctly. Maybe something I did wrong on the SD card? If anyone has any tips or info it would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea where to start on this one...

Did you put the other fonts back on it when you formatted the card when you added the new font?

I did. I even have an extra SD card with the original fonts on them to try. It does the same thing. For some reason I only can get the one font to work and will still beep and turn on the LED with no sound when I try to cycle.

Just to make sure, you did format the card before copying over all the new files right?

I did. On two different sound cards. Still not working. Just a beep and light with no sound.

You have the config.txt in all three folders, right?
    Did you reload the original files and see if you could change that way?
    And did you check that you are not actually muting the saber?

From https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=51756.0
    As the board use only a single switch to operate, we've included 2 configurable delay to separate the Mute-on-the-go™ and the Reboot/font switching features.
    The Mute-on-the-go™ has obviously to be < than the reboot delay. Once reaching the mute delay a small beep (adjustable volume) will indicate the board is ready to power the blade on in mute mode.
    Release of the switch at that moment will power the blade on.
    Leaving the switch pressed after that first beep and passing the reboot delay will make the board reboot and move to the next font.
    As usual, the MOTG delay can be set to zero to disable the MOTG feature and leave only the reboot feature .
    The new Mute during power off features has been a recurrent request from people with bad WAF, especially when playing at night with their saber and after being threaten of divorce several times.
    I think Saber League teachers were in the same boat too. I personally think it's sometimes important to hear the power off sound to be SURE the saber is still "ok" when leaving the MOTG mode but it's
    also cool to allow the saber to be silent on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    And did you check that you are not actually muting the saber?
    Was just about to suggest this. Forgot the NBv4 has that function. You probably just have to hold the button longer.

The Unchosenone is correct...hold the button through the first beeps and it will beep again, with a different tone, and go to the next font.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You guys were exactly right. It was the mute on the go. Sorry about the dumb question I should have researched more. I really appreciate your guys help. I guess I wired it right after all.