Thread: Help with Pico Crumble and speaker

Default Help with Pico Crumble and speaker

Hi guys,

I have a Pico Crumble and a 1.5w speaker, both from CSS. I wired up the Crumble, the Speaker, and the activation switch just to do a test. What I found was really strange. At first it was beeping constantly. Almost like it was "hiccuping". I don't trust my power supply, so I switched to an 18650 that I knew would provide reliable current/voltage. My results were still very strange. Upon activation, it would make the turning on sound, but then it would constantly be clashing. Even though every component was sitting quietly on an ESD map. To that note, I've done all my soldering at my bench on an ESD mat, the board shouldn't have been damaged.

First time working with a sound board. Have a made a dumb mistake? Is my pico crumble bad? I only have a week to finish this guy so I'm a little stressed. Any help would really be appreciated.

Here is a video:

Is your battery fully charged? Low batteries will give you that effect. As an FYI, just because the battery is fresh from wherever it was purchased, does not mean that it is fully charged.

I didn't see if you had your LEDs connected. If so, did you use resistors on them? Unresistored LEDs can also give you the effect you are experiencing.

Those are the two most common causes of your problem. A close up view of your soldering might show some other possibilities, if charging the battery doesn't correct the issue.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Is your battery fully charged? Low batteries will give you that effect. As an FYI, just because the battery is fresh from wherever it was purchased, does not mean that it is fully charged.

I didn't see if you had your LEDs connected. If so, did you use resistors on them? Unresistored LEDs can also give you the effect you are experiencing.

Those are the two most common causes of your problem. A close up view of your soldering might show some other possibilities, if charging the battery doesn't correct the issue.
    Thank you! I'll try charging the battery, and will report back soon.