Thread: NBv4 and Power Xtender ver 2

Default NBv4 and Power Xtender ver 2

I am trying to find information on how to wire a Power Xtender ver2.0 to a NBv4 and I have a few questions.

I want to connect an RGB LED to NBv4 and have all Dyes available for color mixing and FoC. The question I have is do I need to add a resistor to the Power Xtender ver2 or will the on board resistor be enough?
    Plus is there more documentation on the Power Xtender ver2 besides whats in the NBv4 manual?

Thanks in Advance

Use a resistor, the NBv4 isn't equipped to do it on-board.

I'm pretty sure the only documentation for the Power Extender is in the manuals for the boards.

You'll need to add the appropriate resistor for your led to the PEx or add one in-line, there is no resistor on it for that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Hi Jay-gon,

I know I will need a resistor for the LED but I wanted to know if I would need a SMD resistor dedicated to the Power Xtender as well.

You can either use the SMD pads on the Power Xtender, or you can use a standard resistor and wire it in-line. The SMD pads exist for convenience and space-saving.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    You can either use the SMD pads on the Power Xtender, or you can use a standard resistor and wire it in-line. The SMD pads exist for convenience and space-saving.
    Thanks Silver Serpent got it