so i've hit a bit of a snag here and would like some input and ideas on how i might be able to get around it. ive got everything wired up on the qui gon electronics, the 5w and the sound all work well, but im having a hard time fitting it back into the hilt. this saber has the 5w basic electronics kit from tim with a 6AA bat pack and using tims 1.25 blade holder. the pommel construction uses the mhs to 1.5 adapter and pommel 1. sound module is an 05 mr luke. shock sensor has been adapted to fit into the pommel section with the bat pack directly above it and the speaker will be fitted to the bottom of the heatsink. the problem im running into is the mr board is too tall to allow stacking the resistor and switch on top of it inside the 1.25 tube, but the saber isnt long enough to set them end to end and allow room for the speaker. another snag i found with this setup is i have to keep the stock mr switch on board in order to maintain the powerdown sound font, otherwise i powerdown the led with tim's switch and the sound shuts off immediately with it. here are pics of what im working with at the moment...

ive got to get this figured out and fitted into the hilt before i can finish up the fiberglass work on the inner hilt to get the final look of the saber. i had considered resizing the mr module to make room by sanding it down and removing the led header, but i havent done that type of modification to the mr boards yet and would really appreciate some input from anyone who has before atempting it. i also am working out placement of the mr switch along with tims so that i can control the led and sound power supply independently. once done this one should be pretty darn loud considering the dead space in the hilt that will be used by the speaker for resonance. please comment on this one guys, i can use all the help i can get!