Thread: CF8 wire check and questions

Default CF8 wire check and questions

So here is my CF8 setup with an RGB accent and blade.

Now I also had a question in regards to using a RGBW LED. The manual says to kick your 3rd channel to the 4th (in this case moving Blue to C4) and wire your white FOC die to C3 using the onboard PEx. Now as far as the CEx, will all wiring on that remain the same and just change where the Blue (+) lead connects to the board? Also, will the blue lead for the accent LED need to change to accent pad #8 then since my channels will be set up RGWB?

Thank you in advance. This board is kicking my ass...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lazarus215; 05-22-2017 at 06:22 PM.

The blue wire that connects the CF to the CeX is on the wrong pad on the CF. It should be on the pad to the left of where you have it now (the pad located by the top left corner of th R150 thing).

Thanks for that Generic Jedi. I'll chalk that up as a late-night blunder from me staring at the manual too long... Guess I looked at page 37 for too long and went to figuring out LED wiring or something. Thanks for the catch.

edit: Original post updated with corrected diagram

Diagram looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus215 View Post
    Now I also had a question in regards to using a RGBW LED. The manual says to kick your 3rd channel to the 4th (in this case moving Blue to C4) and wire your white FOC die to C3 using the onboard PEx. Now as far as the CEx, will all wiring on that remain the same and just change where the Blue (+) lead connects to the board? Also, will the blue lead for the accent LED need to change to accent pad #8 then since my channels will be set up RGWB?
    You've got it exactly right. Although I honestly don't see too much of an advantage by adding a fourth white die; I would just stick to three.

client wanted a white for FoC. I guess for a White-on-top style. Thanks for the confirmation!