Thread: Internals- crystal chamber question

Default Internals- crystal chamber question

So I'm gathering some components for my first crystal chamber, and I had a question. I noticed that many of the designs incorporate the "spinning hub" of a hard drive (not sure of the real name)... but I'm not sure how you separate the part that obviously fits in the hilt from the part that obviously does not fit in the hilt......anyone an expert on the deconstruction of these things?

Haha, I figured it out...... hammer, something pointy.

Oh yeah, that'll do it They're good for blade plugs as well.

Oh yeah...
    Found lots of fun things inside. Was like a mini piņata!

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    So I'm gathering some components for my first crystal chamber, and I had a question. I noticed that many of the designs incorporate the "spinning hub" of a hard drive (not sure of the real name)... but I'm not sure how you separate the part that obviously fits in the hilt from the part that obviously does not fit in the hilt......anyone an expert on the deconstruction of these things?
    Any advice on seperating this hard drive spindle? I saw a hammer was mentioned.. I don't want to damage it. The 1" top part that spins is what I am after but I don't see an obvious place to separate....hd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by deviltronix View Post
    Any advice on seperating this hard drive spindle? I saw a hammer was mentioned.. I don't want to damage it. The 1" top part that spins is what I am after but I don't see an obvious place to separate....hd.jpg
    Flip it over, small pin punch or screwdriver and pop the bearings loose.