Thread: Checking my wiring logic here.

Default Checking my wiring logic here.

So I have a CFv8, and a 7.4v battery and no where near enough space for a CeX. I also have a Rb/Rb/R tri cree XP-E2 and will be making a nice deep purple blade with this. I have decided the best way to wire this to the CF is to wire the red dice to the main regulated channel because of its low voltage so I wont need a massive resistor, then wire the two royal blue in series (3.4v+3.4v=6.8v) to the second channel and resistor them because it would be a much smaller resistor now that the voltage is closer to what the battery pack and board are dispensing.

This would also allow for a strong royal blue blade and red FoC. And I belive the resistor should be a 1ohm, 2w if I am not mistaken.

Just making sure im not crazy here. I have done many Prizm and NBv3s but this is my first CF and 7.4v build. Yes I have read the manual which is why I believe this to be a perfectly sound idea.

just updating this in case anyone reading wanted to do the same thing. I was confident it would work so I went ahead with wiring it and it works flawlessly. No overheating issues of any kind and the crystal focus performs flawlessly.