Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anikan / Obi Wan Synthesis

Blog Entries

Default With crystal

I couldn't wait to see what a crystal would look like. Lots of work to do still, but here's the general effect. It won't be red. That's just the color I had on hand.
    IMG_1164.jpg

Nice reveal. Very clean.

Asthetically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    I couldn't wait to see what a crystal would look like. Lots of work to do still, but here's the general effect. It won't be red. That's just the color I had on hand.
    IMG_1164.jpg
    Very nice chamber. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Blog Entries

Default A Little Progress on the Crystal Chamber

IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    It's a very large, quartz crystal.
    Last edited by hapki; 06-16-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Default A Picture of the Underside

Here's a shot of the underneath side, showing the CF and battery. The yellow box of the CF just barely fits in the pommel. I've chipped those things off before, so I'll definitely need to be careful with it. My plan is to leave the pommel screwed on once the saber is completed. I should have access to the disk and the battery through the pommel. The speaker will be held in place by the aluminum inner core. It will slide out when the pommel is removed, giving access to the CF.

IMG_1172.jpg

I don't have a plan for a recharge port or R.I.C.E. port.

If I understand correctly, the sleep mode on the CF works well. I'll rely on on that to turn the saber off when it's not in use. But, just as an added layer, I'll be able to disconnect the batter manually if I need to. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to forego the recharge port though. Has anyone else done this?

Blog Entries

Default Update on switches and control box

I"m excited about this development. The control box for this saber now has two switches under the card. They are attached to a piece I ordered from Shapeways. I also secured the crystal to the brass tubing.
    IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg

That core and crystal chamber look fantastic. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    This looks like a synthesis of Annakin's and Obi Wan's sabers.
    Well PHOOEY! Ya beat me to it. I call mine Obi-Wan Graf-Luki. A combination of Obi-Wan's and Luke's ANH lightsabers.

I can't tell you how deflated I am right now, this is the first time I've checked out the "General hilt building" part of the forum and here sits my great idea in someone else's post.

I've been waiting for Bunny Ears to come back in stock for over two months!!

Oh well, great minds think alike and all that.

The only thing I have planned that is different from your vision is that my clamp will be silver instead of black. Though I haven't totally decided if I want to go with a Roman's blank clamp or the "Activation box style 1"... which is also still out of stock.

I had originally intended to leave the end of the grenade cubes section silver, but my GRAFLEX "MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 20 V2" is a totally different color silver than all of the other TCSS parts I've received so far. Like 6061 vs 7071 or something. I don't know, it just looks weird because it's much brighter aluminum and the rest looks chromed/steel-ish.

Did you have any differences in the colors of your parts? And did they take the aluminum black differently?

I'm glad one of us is this far along with their build, I hope I can catch up to ya soon! In the meantime, I'll keep drawing up crystal chamber ideas and sanding my quartz crystals.

Good Luck finishing yours off!

I really love the aesthetics of the saber.
    Very clean, very elegant.