Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anikan / Obi Wan Synthesis

Blog Entries

Default Anikan / Obi Wan Synthesis

I am frustrated with my Temple Guard pike. This is supposed to be fun, so I'm taking a break from it to work on a different project.

IMG_1092.jpg

This looks like a synthesis of Annakin's and Obi Wan's sabers. I didn't really plan this saber. It just sorta happened. I used aluminum black for the weathering. (I didn't do it right, because the black stuff kept rubbing off. I finally just sprayed it with matte clear spray paint.)

I need to create a card to go in the activation box, and that's probably going to involve two tactile switches. I don't know what I'll do about a kill switch or R.I.C.E. port yet. I probably won't use a R.I.C.E., and may have an internal kill switch / charge port.

As for the sound board, I have an unused Crystal Focus and an unused PRIZM. I'd like to use the Crystal Focus, but I'm reluctant to put it in a hilt that doesn't have lots of blinky stuff, or at least a crystal chamber. Not sure where this one is going....

Blog Entries

By the way, I'm curious about how people use MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 20. There are various rectangular holes and two 10-32 crew holes. What are these used for, generally? Obviously, one of the holes is for a blade retention screw, but that leaves another.

Those holes exist because that is an MHS representation of the Graflex flash gun. The Graflex has them, so this part does as well.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I think it is typically used with the 10-32 red button and glass eye thumbscrews to create an ANH or ESB graflex styled saber.

I put mine in a lathe, cut it up, applied some decorative marks and paired it with some 7/8 ID aluminium tubing:

The above is made of two parts, with the deeply chamfered style 20 blade holder acting as a sheath over some custom turned tubing.

Certainly a unique blade holder now
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

Blog Entries

This is going to be my first attempt at a crystal chamber. Here is a rough cut:

IMG_1101.jpg

The piece that will hold the crystal used to be a brass water hose nozzle.

The main LED will be independent of the blade holder, sorta like the prototype I created here:

IMG_1102.jpg

Except this one will be more detailed, if all goes well.

Blog Entries

Another shot of the prototype. I actually used this in a Luke ROTJ inspired saber.

IMG_1103.jpg

Blog Entries

Default Update on Internal Werks

I have been wanting to make a two-speaker saber for a long time. I think this is going to be it. The first speaker placement will be the usual pommel spot. The second will be placed in the innermost tube of the chassis design. This is a 2W bass speaker. I'll probably place a TCSS bass speaker in the pommel. Here is a shot of what I have so far.

IMG_1160.jpg

Here is how it fits in the hilt:

IMG_1161.jpg

Blog Entries

Default What about Wiring?

The wiring for the crystal chamber will be unique. The innermost brass tube is very thick. I've sanded a flat area into the tube, and it is just big enough to get the main LED wiring between this tube and the middle layer of tube. I'm using 30 aug wires, which helps. The rest of the wring will be inside, like a normal build. It is hard to see, but here's what it looks like.

IMG_1162.jpg

The brass tube is a little too long right now. I've preserved the length now so it fits in a vise, and so it is easy to hold onto while I work on it.

Blog Entries

Default Update on Crystal Chamber

Here's an update on the second attempt at a crystal chamber. I'm slowly making progress...
    IMG_1163.jpg