Thread: Latching converter help needed.

Default Latching converter help needed.

Hey everyone, I'm currently building a custom vintage Graflex and find myself in need of assistance. I'm using a CF8 and plan on hiding my RCP so I don't really want to use a kill key. My plan is to use a latching switch under the red button to act as a second "kill key" of sorts. My problem is I can't find a latching switch small enough ti fit under the vintage red button. My second thought was to use a momentary to latching converter but as stupid as it sounds I can't seem to figure out how to simplify the circuit to use it in this manner. The simplest way to do it would be to use the switch right on the board. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Small latching *buttons* are almost impossible to find. Small latching *slide switches* are much easier, but they probably won't work in your situation.

You could use the converter. The best place to use it would be between your recharge port and your board. The VIN and GND will connect to the + and - coming from your recharge port. The VOUT and GND will run to your electronics + and - wires. Hook your kill switch up to the A and B pads.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Small latching *buttons* are almost impossible to find. Small latching *slide switches* are much easier, but they probably won't work in your situation.

You could use the converter. The best place to use it would be between your recharge port and your board. The VIN and GND will connect to the + and - coming from your recharge port. The VOUT and GND will run to your electronics + and - wires. Hook your kill switch up to the A and B pads.
    Thanks man! I'll give that a shot!