Thread: Kanan Jarrus Hilt

Default Kanan Jarrus Hilt

Hey, Im going to try to make my own Kanan Jarrus Hilt, does anyone have the dimensions to the hilt, like the emitter or is there a website that would downloadable cutouts of them?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I didn't find one. I used this picture; I just put it on my tv and measured it.

The dimensions all scale great. If you can size it so that the neck ring (the one with the Graflexesque pinport) has an OD of 1.5", that should work. That's what I did.

Blog Entries

I'm working on a Kanan Jarrus hilt, too.

IMG_1091.jpg

Most of the pieces are obvious (e.g., MHS v1 Blade Holder 1). The pommel is a combination of this M/F extension and MHS Pommel 1. I saw a post earlier where a very talented sabersmith carved up a similar part to produce a pommel similar to the one on the Kanan Jarrus saber. I'd probably just destroy the piece, so I may just leave it as is, recognizing it won't be accurate.

I ordered the tsuba from Shapeways. I ordered the metal version. The first one they sent me was warped. I complained, and they sent me another one for free. It locks into place between MHS parts. It'll need some sanding.

I'm still running into a roadblock with the activation box -- I would settle for the Activation Box Style 1 from TCSS, even though it isn't perfectly accurate. It has been out of stock for some time, however.

As for the different layers, I can't decide whether I will (a) light part of the hilt out of shroud material, with the regular hilt piece as the dark part, or (b) cut into the hilt to reveal the dark part (as an inner aluminum tube) underneath). I'll probably do (a).

I'm interested in how you make your Kanan saber. I'll keep checking back to see what you come up with. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hapki; 05-20-2017 at 08:04 AM.