Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First attempt at wiring

TBH I just use an app on my phone that does the calculation for me, and then recommends a resistor to use.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Shizzle View Post
    Gerrylum, I'm trying to learn the math behind determining which resistors I should use and thought I had it figured out until I looked at some of the numbers in your diagram. If you wouldn't mind, could you post the math behind your resistor choices including the switch? Thanks in advance!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Okay I think my math was right but my confusion was he seemed to be rounding down on some of his numbers instead of rounding up. Using 3.7 as the battery V I got 1.1 Ohm needed for the main red and a little over .25W needed for those others- assuming my calculations are right. I guess it's safe to round down a little?

Everything g I've seen said use 4v as the battery.

Blog Entries
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Shizzle View Post
    I guess it's safe to round down a little?
    Round up to the nearest ohm value. So in this case (assuming you're right, I didn't actually check), use the 1.2 ohm 3 watt resistor.

Yeah, even my app is telling me that the Red should have a 1.1o 2w resistor on it (calculated 1.11 o, 1.1w), so the 1.2o 3w should work. The 1o 2w resistor that's currently on there is probably letting a bit too much power get to the die. I suppose that explains why my color mixing hasn't quite given me the results I've expected based on the values I've put in - too much red getting through.
    Last edited by gerrylum; 05-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.