Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fifth Sale? Or any upcoming sales before May 4th 2018?

Default Revenge of the Fifth Sale? Or any upcoming sales before May 4th 2018?

Hey Tim!

I noticed the May the Fourth Be With You Sale at 1:08AM on 5-5-2017. I thought I might get lucky and the sale would have been such a resounding success that you extended it to a Revenge of the Fifth Sale, but I wasn't that lucky.

Over the last several months I 've looking up the parts I'm interested in to make my first MHS lightsaber, but sometimes some parts are available and sometimes other parts are, but not all at the same time. I'm beginning to see that I need to get what's available when it's available and put it together once I have all the pieces.

It would be nice to get them all together on a day that everything is on sale. Or as many pieces of the puzzle that are available on a sale day as possible.

Will there be any other sales in the coming months?

Maybe an Oscar Steiner Day Sale? (Inventor of the GRAFLEX flash gun. Pick a day I can't find the info.)

Or a Roger Christian Day Sale? (Oops! That won't help this summer. He was born 2-25-1944.)

Or a George Lucas Day Sale? (Shoot! That would've been yesterday. He was born 5-14-1944.)

Star Wars Day Sale? (It'd work! Star Wars was released in theaters 5-25-1977.)
    Empire Strikes Back Sale? (It'd work too! ESB was released in theaters 5-21-1980.)
    Return of the Jedi Sale? (Yep, good here as well! ROTJ was released in theaters 5-25-1983.)

So, if there are any other upcoming sales, I think I'd like to get started purchasing MHS parts. 4 out of 5 of the main hilt pieces are available right now, CF8's are available, and only 3 outer hilt pieces are on my Wishlist, that would make May a great month for me to get started.

Would you please let me know if there are any other sales scheduled for 2017. ~Thanks!

The may the 4th sale code was still working as of this past weekend may 13-14th.

But you are right with buying what you need when it's available. There's no way around that.

As far as I know may 4 the is the only sale (I could well be wrong ) but it is every may 4th.

There's only one "sale" a year.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks guys!

The maythe4th code says it's accepted!

I was hoping to save that $30.00 for sound fonts. And it looks like I get to!!!!

Well, it seems to have gone through O.K.! Conformation emails from TCCS and everything.

Only 4 parts left to look for!!!!

I still need a MHS Gear, Bunny Ears, Activation Box 1, and a Clear Glass Eye Thumbscrew.

Don't you take my MHS gear before I get it! I'll cut you!

Jk

Maybe. ��

Glad it still worked. Tim said it was extended a bit due to the forum emailing out about it having an issue. Apparently it sent some. Waiting. Sent some more. Repeat.

Hey @Warlock ! Have you been waiting for very long on your MHS Gear?

I haven't paid close enough attention to when things go out of stock and when they come back into stock. Just that sometimes the items I want are there, and then they aren't. Today was that way a bit, but that was the only outer body part missing this time, so I'm glad your suggestion worked when I put my order through!

Does the 'Wishlist' work like an order place holder? Or is it just reminder to you when you log in to TCCS that there are things on your "want list" that you still need to order?

Oddly enough, when I checked my email this afternoon for the order confirmation, I saw the email about the May the Fourth Sale. I had seen it originally on the website late that night/early Friday morning, tells you how often I check my email, eh?!

Oh, .... and not if get my lightsaber finished first you won't!! EN GARDE!

It's only a "reminder". It does NOT work like a "raincheck".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you for the info! I wish it was a pre-order. I don't mind paying for something if I know it's coming. Especially if I know WHEN it's coming.

I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I thought I saw an "email me" (for stock availability) checkbox somewhere while clicking around the store today, but I couldn't remember where I was when I saw it. Too many windows open I suppose. But I wanted to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. Though clearly I'd have to remember to check my email if there was such a feature. I'll have to log back into the store and look for it see if I can stumble upon it again. No worries either way, now that I have parts coming, and I still need those others to complete the hilt, I'll be checking their pages daily.

Is there a sort of 'norm' pertaining to how often items rotate back into stock? Every other week, every other month, every third month, etc.?

It wasn't what I remember seeing earlier, but I found the 'notify me' clicky on each of the parts pages for the items I still need... and I clicked 'em all!

Now I just have to remember to start checking my email!