Thread: First Sound Saber Build Help

Default First Sound Saber Build Help

Hey everyone, this is my first sound saber build and was looking for help on parts and on wiring. I should say that I am perfectly adept at soldering myself I'm just having trouble finding a diagram for what I want to do.

I want to use a NBv3 with the FOC enabled on my rebel tri-star LED. the major issue i'm running into, other then figuring out exactly what parts I need to run everything, is that I want to use a quick connect on the tri-star so that in the future I can switch out LED's if I decide I would like to run another color combination. Is there a way for me to quick connect it while keeping the FOC enabled and what would I need for resistors and a battery to run everything. from what I was assuming I would need:

NB v.3
    2or3 resistors (i'm not sure what rating)
    a 18650 3.7v 2600mah Li-ion rechargable pack with a recharge port
    a momentary switch
    2 quick connect sets
    premium speaker
    and the tri-rebel LED which I already have.

I've never done anything other then basic stunt sabers with the single LED's before and this is a new challenge and was hoping for some feedback/help with the parts list as well as what connects wehre before I started buying things. I already have the hilt parts and should have more than enough room to run wires inside.

Weird I swear I just replied to this ................old age........sucks.

First off most of what you need can be found either searching here or search TCSS on youtube and watch the tutorial vids. Even how to figure out resistance needed is there. Second, download the NB manual, it's got several wiring diagrams plus a ton of other information you will need.

Tip: If you change sound fonts be sure to copy the config file from each bank folder first and replace it once you change fonts. Very common mistake.

But really, all the info is here and on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Weird I swear I just replied to this ................old age........sucks.

First off most of what you need can be found either searching here or search TCSS on youtube and watch the tutorial vids. Even how to figure out resistance needed is there. Second, download the NB manual, it's got several wiring diagrams plus a ton of other information you will need.

Tip: If you change sound fonts be sure to copy the config file from each bank folder first and replace it once you change fonts. Very common mistake.

But really, all the info is here and on youtube.
    you did, I wasn't sure what section to place this under so I placed it in both.

Thank you for the advice.

No worries. I was in your position not long ago as far as learning. Still am really. It can seem a bit overwhelming.