Thread: Got a semi soldered used hilt. Is it worth repairing myself?

Default Got a semi soldered used hilt. Is it worth repairing myself?

So I got a semi soldered hilt off of ebay and as you can tell from the pictures I'm not sure if it's worth attempting to repair it myself or just finding someone who I can pay to finish it themselves.
    I have soldering together one lightsaber before but that is all the experience I have.

http://imgur.com/a/UhNv0

Parts used listed as follows.

*3.7V Trustfire Lithium ion battery, pre-wired
    *Blue/Blue/White LED, pre-wired, supports flash on clash
    *Nano Biscotti v3 sound card with built-in power extender
    *28mm bass speaker (needs to be wired)

If you need any knowledge on the hilt itself it's a saberforge guardian.

As long as the board isn't damaged it shouldn't be too hard for you to clean it up remove all the solder and wire and then wire it up correctly. The wiring diagrams can be found in the manual which is available in the store.

It should be quick and easy as long as the board is in working order. I wouldn't pay someone else to do it unless you don't have the tools to do it. You could likely have it completely rewired and in use (assuming the battery was charged) within an hour.

Ok thanks. Also would it be a good idea to try and get a holder for the battery and nano biscotte or do none of them fit inside saberforge hilts? I'm asking because I tried moving the wires inside the hilt but he kinda hot glued and taped some of the wires together so it's hard to bend them inside.

It'll probably be easier to simply rewire it than deal with the mess you inherited. Even if you reuse some of the wires it's probably worth just stripping it down and starting over.

If you watch the TCSS youtube channel you'll get a lot of great advice that will help you get this done right.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    If you watch the TCSS youtube channel you'll get a lot of great advice that will help you get this done right.
    This. It can not be said enough. The TCSS youtube channel is a fantastic resource.