Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need some help with wiring

Default I need some help with wiring

Ok so hi everyone I am trying to build my first self-built saber and i need some help with the wiring. So i have a Tri-Cree Blue/Blue/White Led but i only want the two blues going but i don't know how to wire them. It would be very helpful if you can post some pictures or just explain how I would have to wire it. Thanks Very Much :)

Are you wiring in a sound card?

If you are wiring a stunt, there are several wiring diagrams available on here. You will have a couple of options on how to handle running two LEDs. Do a few searches and lot of reading. That will help you focus your questions.

Specific questions get specific answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    Are you wiring in a sound card?

If you are wiring a stunt, there are several wiring diagrams available on here. You will have a couple of options on how to handle running two LEDs. Do a few searches and lot of reading. That will help you focus your questions.

Specific questions get specific answers.
    Yes im making a Stunt Saber i already searched arround the Internet but I always find wiring diagrams and videos where the People just wire all three Led's so i didn't find a single one with 2 Led's.

What are you using as a power source? The voltage of your battery pack will determine the best way to wire your LEDs.

If you have a 7.4v li-ion pack, you would wire the two blue LEDs in series.

If you have a single cell 3.7v li-ion pack, you would wire the two blue LEDs in parallel.

Don't forget resistors. The value of your resistor will change depending on your battery pack and wiring configuration.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Actually i just have a double aaa battery holder ^^ Of course i know that the li-ion pack is better and I will get one in the future but i hoped that it
    could do for now

Two AAA alkaline batteries will only provide 3v. That is insufficient to power any of your LEDs. They may light up, but you won't be getting anywhere near their full brightness.

If you can find one of those cheap 3xAAA LED flashlights, many of them have a battery holder in them that you can scavenge. That would get you by until you can swap to a better power source.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Really nice tip thank you. What about a 3,7V 18650 Li-Ion will that provide enough power?
    Last edited by Pyron; 05-15-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Yeah, the 18650 battery will provide enough power, but you will need to put resistors on your LEDs.

Ok that is another problem. Off course i tried to use the formulas to calculate my resistor but it just doesn't make sense. So let's presume i have a Li-Ion 3,7 Volt Battery and a Tri-Cree Deep Red Deep Red White Led. Because i only want to wire up the two red's I have a forward Voltage of 2,5V each and 2A. SO i put it into the Formula (3,7V-(2,5V+2,5V))/2 = -0,65 Does this mean that i don't need a resistor at all or am I just too stupid to calculate? (Sry for all the stupid questions but i'm very new to wiring lightsabers on your own.)

You need to resistor them individually, so you'd calculate them separately, like so:

(3.7-2.5)/1= 1.2