Thread: Led strip blade

Default Led strip blade

Any recommendations and/or links to the best RGB LED strip for a blade build? Not LED string please, adhesive backed LED strip. I hear Cree's are the best/brightest.

Have you looked at Adafruit? I understand their Neopixel stuff is popular with illuminated blade folks.

The most important thing is that it is 144 pixels per meter for smoothness. No matter what, you'll need to diffuse the blade, but I've got some parts coming in to continue my ongoing experimentation in this arena. I've already built 4 blades (more accurately rebuilt one blade 4 times) with various results. My current version is the best, but it also involves the unorthodox step of coating the blade in silicone (which I think looks awesome!)

I'll be making another video with start to finish assembly as soon as I get a chancel

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    I'll be making another video with start to finish assembly as soon as I get a chancel
    I'll look forward to seeing it! I'm always interested in new and different ways to do something. I saw an illustration the other day... though I can't seem to chase it down now... where someone sort of braided the leads of 5mm LEDs in such a way that they formed a sort of helix going up a chain. I found it an interesting idea, but I can't seem to remember where I found it, and haven't actually read what was said about the venture.

I've used the 144 LED/meter strips from Adafruit, and with the proper diffusion it works great. I've been using a Diffusion tube from the store & 1/16" packing foam to wrap the blades (covered in a healthy dose of clear packing tape)

The NBv4 and Prizmv5 have neopixel support.