Thread: Momentary AV Switch Question

Default Momentary AV Switch Question

I know that on a regular switch without an LED, it doesn't matter which post you use for positive or negative. Is this also true for the switch posts on an AV switch?

AV switches will have 4 posts. The LED posts will have a + and - leg. The switch posts are still interchangeable. The LED will also require a resistor.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra5352 View Post
    I know that on a regular switch without an LED, it doesn't matter which post you use for positive or negative. Is this also true for the switch posts on an AV switch?
    There are 4 posts on a lit AV switch. 2 for the switch which just as with any other momentary doesn't matter which post is which it is just interrupting a circuit. The LED posts are + and - and you need to wire them appropriately. There is a diagram in the store of the posts and which is which for the posts on the AV switch posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzan View Post
    There are 4 posts on a lit AV switch. 2 for the switch which just as with any other momentary doesn't matter which post is which it is just interrupting a circuit. The LED posts are + and - and you need to wire them appropriately. There is a diagram in the store of the posts and which is which for the posts on the AV switch posts.

I knew the LED posts mattered but I wasn't sure on the switch posts. I appreciate your help.