Thread: Roman Props MK1 FX

Default Roman Props MK1 FX

Hello there forum community, I just received my Roman Props MK1 FX and man does it look awesome..I can't wait to get it built. although i have a few questions.

Has anyone completely build this hilt?
    What chassis was used?
    what did you use for a heat sink?
    Which LED was used.. the LED module it comes with is very small and I don't have a spare Cree to measure it and see if it will fit. I know TCSS has a special Custom LED that fits they're .88 heatsink.. Is that the LED that i need. or will a standard Tri Cree LED work?

as well as what activation switch system was used?

is there a special blade plug for this

Any additional recommendation are greatly appreciated.. I don't want to mess up this fantastic hilt.

THANKS!

The Roman's MK1 builds require a lot of specialized parts, many of which you would have source outside TCSS. There are in depth threads on them on some of the other saber forums.

It sounds like this is your first or one of your first builds. Nothing wrong with that but you are going to have an infinite amount of questions with that hilt. You should really wait until you have a greater understanding of this hobby until you put that one together. Start with something easy like TCSS MHS parts. Everything fits together fairly simple and if you start with a beginner board like a Pico or Nano there are a bunch of tutorials on youtube using everything from this shop. Either that or tear apart a Target toy saber get the basics down without wasting a ton of cash. Babysteps man...Babysteps

Read, read, read, then keep reading some more! Check out some of the great videos folks in the community have put on YouTube. There's a ton of information out there and even if it's not wholly relevant to your build it'll give you context and perspective that will allow you to ask more pointed and meaningful questions when you have to.

I'll ditto that... you just spent a bunch of money for a great hilt, but the insides of it are cramped, and the LED situation is unique. Get some experience first... maybe the TCSS prequel OWK kit as a nice compliment to your MK1?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'll ditto that... you just spent a bunch of money for a great hilt, but the insides of it are cramped, and the LED situation is unique. Get some experience first... maybe the TCSS prequel OWK kit as a nice compliment to your MK1?
    Thank you everyone for your support... I have actually built the OWK, as well as a KR qui gon deep groove, and tons of master replicas.. it's just that most of those other builds had they're own switches as well As measurements for the parts required...

The Roman props is a unique hilt which is why I sought out some help...

I was able to get the switches already I went with a 3D printed and 2 micro switches that fit that 3D printed part.. not I just need to see how to fit everything inside