Thread: Issues with Color Xtender

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Issues with Color Xtender

I just got my Color Xtender in today's mail and I'm afraid I may have already screwed something up. I wired it up to my CFv8 as described in the manual. Channels 2 & 4 to the CEX but my green which hooked to channel 2 won't light up when my CFv8 is powered on. If I gently squeeze the CEX near where the power and control wires attach as shown in the pictures it turns on even when the CF isn't running and this is all while the control wire is disconnected. What did I do to possibly fry the CEX? Or is it a bad CEX board to begin with? I have my white die hooked to Channel 3 for FoC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

I'll try to rewire the whole sha-bang after I get home in the morning. I really hope that I didn't screw something up when I wired it up yesterday.
    Sean

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Well I finally came back to the board to check things and my volt meter shows no signal is coming from the pads that my green die hook to. I get signal to all the pads leading from my CFv8 and from the pads leading to my red die. Has anyone come across this issue or is it just a bad Color Xtender.
    Sean

I replied to your email. The reason it comes on when you touch that area is because your skin is actually conductive so that is not really a sign of anything. Also with the control wire not connected it has a floating open and can be falsely triggered just by static etc.

Chances are if it is not getting a signal though then something is going on with the CEx processor and I will need to look at it. I will send you all my info on email once I get the good clear pics and I will get you fixed up.
    MH on FX-Forums

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Now I'm totally stumped. I've got CEx back in late June and yesterday rewired everything with all brand new 30 gauge wire and my LED's green die is still not working. I've tried all the possible things that I could think of to resolve this problem. I know the green works because I can connect it to where my blue die connects and it lights up.
    Sean

swap cables? I know it sounds stupid- but had a bad cable/wire once- nearly lost my mind trying to figure it out... nearly.....

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Finally got it to work right. I thought I had it on the right pad for the control wire from my CFv8 and boy was I wrong. Thanks Avidgrant for recommending a all new wire and Zook for helping me out by looking at my CEX board back in June. Now I can work on the sound font that I want to create for it.
    Sean

Been there..... very recently.... sometimes you have to look a second or 3rd time. Glad you got it sorted!