Thread: Need help converting removable blade ROTS Obi-Wan.

Default Need help converting removable blade ROTS Obi-Wan.

I can't seem to find a dedicated tutorial for converting a 2010 Hasbro ROTS Obi-Wan saber with the removable blade. I've read in other threads to use the '09 HFX Obi tutorial for disassembly, and the 2010 Anakin Removable Blade tutorial for the wiring, but I'm a little stuck. The opening in the emitter cap that the blade slides through is a little too small to accept a 1" OD blade, so do I need to remove the plastic ring inside the emitter cap and widen the opening, or is this conversion meant for a 7/8" OD blade?

OK, I solved the emitter cap issue, but I've hit another snag. My cousin is a tech kid, and knows more about soldering and wiring than I do, so he's helping me with that. We wired everything up according to the Anakin removable blade conversion tutorial, but when we tested it, the LED flickered for a fraction of a second when the pins first touched the contacts on the battery pack, then nothing. No light and no sound. The LED will flicker if I wiggle the pins against the battery pack. We checked the wiring with the photos on the tutorial, and everything seems to be correct. We disconnected the LED and tested it directly on the battery pack to rule out either the LED or the battery pack being faulty, and the LED lit up fine. All our connections seem to be good. We've decided the only thing we can do is undo everything and start over, but before we did that, I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this and might know a quicker fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.