Thread: Korbanth DM1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Korbanth DM1

Greetings Saberland!

Lately I’ve been busy with school, but summer vacation is in full swing, and I am getting some builds knocked out. First up is a Korbanth DM1, a birthday present for my brother-in-law. I’ve already completed the first half of the saber as “proof of concept” and will be blogging the build process of the other half. I am meeting my sister and her husband in Vegas in two weeks, so this saber has a completion deadline of MAY 17th. Let’s get started!

ELECTRONICS:
    - Nano Biscotte v3 (Default font is Koriban, with Pitch Black as the alternate. I looked around at the other fonts that were available, but opted to stick with what I had on hand. Everything Maul related was either not too similar to Korbanth, or had double swing sounds. Since both halves of the build have their own NB, that wasn’t going to work.)
    - TCSS 7/8” LED Module with DR/DR/W configuration
    - 20mm Bass Speaker (apparently discontinued )
    - No accents or power LEDs (no room for DynaOhms in the hilt)
    - Li-Ion 18500 3.7V 1400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module
    - Korbanth DM1 Switches (worth every penny)

HILT & BLADE:
    - Korbanth DM1 Kit
    - KR Sabers Coupler
    - TCSS 7/8" Hilt safety plug - Style 2
    - TCSS Black machined button for Covertec clip
    - Vader’s Vault 7/8” Blade w/shine through bullet tip (VV makes some incredible show blades. These take FOREVER to ship, but are worth the wait)

CHASSIS:
    I looked around for months for an existing chassis solution for this kit. The closest I got were some GOTH 3D kits, but there was no way to properly qualify them before buying. Rather than gamble a bunch of money on parts I might not be able to use (or resell) I opted to create my own solution. That being said, I did bite the bullet and invest in a pair of 0.88” OD Recharge Port Holders, which was smart because these ended up being KEY later on.
    Last edited by girot; 05-08-2017 at 01:09 PM.