Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBv4 with CC and accent wiring diagram

Default NBv4 with CC and accent wiring diagram

My next build will actually be a full-gut Nihilus conversion of a hilt from Ebay. Just got a NBv4 hot off the presses and the attached diagram is what I am planning to use as my go-by.

It will have DR/DR/G tri-Cree. I will placing "cracks" in the hilt for light to shine through as a pseudo crystal chamber. The 3mm LED will be on when not in deep sleep and then another 5mm to light up and mirror the blade when it is on.

Anyone see and glaring issues with this diagram?

I still need to do all of my resistor calcs, but that will not be an issue.

NBv4.jpg

I am not expert, but you might be missing a negative connection to the 3mm LED. Your switch also seems to be missing a leg, though I could be wrong - tough for me to follow by the diagram.

On my NBv3, I used the other pad for the accent LED (your 3mm). I never really have the saber in deep sleep though, so it doesn't matter for me. It is much easier to get to however.

Not sure if it helps, but this is the diagram I used for my NBv3. Not sure how the 4 is different though.
    wiring.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    I am not expert, but you might be missing a negative connection to the 3mm LED. Your switch also seems to be missing a leg, though I could be wrong - tough for me to follow by the diagram.

On my NBv3, I used the other pad for the accent LED (your 3mm). I never really have the saber in deep sleep though, so it doesn't matter for me. It is much easier to get to however.

Not sure if it helps, but this is the diagram I used for my NBv3. Not sure how the 4 is different though.
    wiring.jpg
    The switch will not be lit, so just needs an in and out. The 3mm has positive and negative (pos from board and neg to common ground)

I completed a NBv3 build lately with a full CC and used the setup similar to what have as the 5mm in my diagram here.

Any other input on the diagram out there?

Looks fine to me, although I'm not sure what is meant by "R1/R2".

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Looks fine to me, although I'm not sure what is meant by "R1/R2".
    For simplicity I just put both resistor one and resistor two in the same spot on the diagram instead of showing them parallel.

Any way to make the accent LED pulse on a NB?

Not without somehow flashing custom code or using other custom circuitry (timer IC etc).

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Not without somehow flashing custom code or using other custom circuitry (timer IC etc).
    I think I have also seen slow flash LEDs out there. I wonder if that would work.

It would be cool if the power indicator LED pulsed or flashed then the secondary "CC" LED would just match the blade flicker.

Thanks for posting this, I am considering the same idea.

Are you using two LED's in parrallel off the dynaohm?

Have you considered candle flicker LED's? I have a bunch of blue ones I have yet to use.