Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Designing my second saber, "Keening".

Hi!
    I love the dark look you gave to this saber. I can feel the Imperial touch!
    I love the one with the clamp close to the pommel better.

But don't you think the clamp will mess with the hand when holding the saber?

I can't wait to see it real!

I've noticed playing with my first design that I tend to hold high on the hilt when using g single handed styles.

Going shooting for an Obi/Anakin crossover the Obi style had the clamp towards the pommel.

Last part I have to wait for the gear to come back I to stock but tempted to order a blank to fill in for it until then. Lol

Parts coming in!

With the card in the clamp

More parts due in tomorrow and early next week for internals,.....then rest of the ahilt once powder coating is complete.

Keening-Internals.jpg

Quick spec for the internals layout. Debating trying for a reveal in front of the Goth Chassis but will likely wait until it's all in hand to really be sure of spacing.

Power coating finished today and all hilt parts shipped Whoohooo

Parts came in the other day!

Just a quick hilt build test, to check out the look and make sure everything fits right. I'll have to tap a set screw for the clamp into the 2" ext under it.

Hope to get into that and wiring tomorrow after work

How's the quality on that Slothfurnace Graflex clamp? I've been considering grabbing one.

Work of art. I've got to sand it a bit to use as a switch because it's a perfect fit thickness wise. But it's well worth the money. Even has a signed card with a thank you on it just for that extra touch.

(Edit you meant the clamp card right?)

Yes, I did. Sorry; it was before I'd had my tea, and I dropped a word.

No worries just saw it after posting and thought I'd best make sure.