So, in an effort to help get my mind of grieving for a time before I go nuts, I've been kicking around ideas for a new saber. I'm looking at a darker more imperial feel, one thing I started with was the idea of using one of Sothfurnace's new clamp cards from celebration.

Starting from having a clamp, either Graflex or MPP style, I played around and ended up leaning towards a merging of Obi-wan's and Anakin's AHN sabers. First concern is if the repro clamps will fit over MHS parts, which has me leaning towards a MPP clamp has that one states it will fit. Under the clamp I have a small extension and then had to use a male to male to connect the next extension. For switches I'm thinking of tactile switches under the board in the clamp. Still researching this but every example I see shows two switches under the card, assuming wired in parallel so that you always get the activation of the switch even with a partial push on one edge.

Any suggestions are welcome, I don't play to begin this for awhile and it will be a slow purchase process most likely.
SaberBuilder_render.jpg