Thread: Broken CEx possibly diminishing color brightness?

Default Broken CEx possibly diminishing color brightness?

The first day I received my CEx I dropped it out of the package and broke what I believe is a ceramic coil. (heat regulation?) I'll include a picture. My question is this: What type of problems could this cause? And could it effect my LED brightness? I have a tri-cree RGB LED wired to a Crystal Focus v8 on a 7.4v 18650 Battery. All the Color profiles are turned up to 1500 and they look good, but when I compare my other lightsaber (Nano v2, Power Extender, tri-cree BBW, 3.4v 18650) it is definitely brighter. The tri-cree RGB LED on the CFv8 has the green and blue dies resisted at 3.9ohms/5w and the red die at 4.7ohm/5w. Could the CEx be the problem or am I missing something? Thank you!

IMG_0351.jpg

It shouldn't really affect anything, but you may want to check with Erv' to make sure.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Good thinking. Thank you!