Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noob needs help with Prizm 4

Default Noob needs help with Prizm 4

Hi everyone. I'm looking to get some help with manipulating the color profiles on my Prizm 4 soundboard. I've read over the manual, but I can't make heads or tails out of what I'm supposed to change. I have a Tri-Cree BGW LED and I'm trying to create a nice Cyan color profile. I'd also like to see if I can get a turquoise color as well. I know that in override.txt, at the root of the sdcard, contains the color profiles. I know that fcolor0x and color0x have three values. What I'm trying to figure out is what do each of those three values correspond to?

Thanks in advance!

Check out page 25 of the manual. "Each drive value can be in the range of 0 (led die off) to 1023 (led die at its maximum current limited by the external resistor)"

color0=0,940,0

This means the first color is off, the second is at 92% (940/1023), and the third is off.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    Check out page 25 of the manual. "Each drive value can be in the range of 0 (led die off) to 1023 (led die at its maximum current limited by the external resistor)"

color0=0,940,0

This means the first color is off, the second is at 92% (940/1023), and the third is off.
    That's what I needed to know. Thanks rlobrecht! Seeing as though someone built this saber for me, it'd be pretty hard to tell which which dies correspond to each color right?

Easiest way is to create three profiles:

color0=940,0,0
    color1=0,940,0
    color2=0,0,940

and then cycle through them. That will only have one die at a time so you can see what color it is.

Looks like I need a little more help with this.. The Prizm4 supports up to 10 color profiles. From page 25 of the manual:

The board is provided with 10 default color profiles
    ## Color profiles
    color0=0,940,0
    fcolor0=940,430,0
    color1=0,0,940
    fcolor1=900,0,940
    color2=940,0,0
    fcolor2=0,630,400
    color3=0,830,400
    fcolor3=700,940,0
    color4=840,0,630
    fcolor4=0,0,940
    color5=940,430,0
    fcolor5=0,940,0
    color6=740,930,0
    fcolor6=0,740,600

Am I correct that color0 - color6 represents 7 color profiles? I should be able to add color7 - color9 which would be 10 total correct? Also, how do I configure each sound font to start with a particular color profile? I can't seem to find that in the manual.

Thanks,

I would leave everything as is until you have it all wired up. Then cycle through and see if by chance, any of them are the colors you want (or close), if so take note of that default setting.

Then, you can tweak for whatever variations you want from there. That will beat starting from scratch in each profile and hoping for the best. Especially if you do not have RICE support.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    I would leave everything as is until you have it all wired up. Then cycle through and see if by chance, any of them are the colors you want (or close), if so take note of that default setting.

Then, you can tweak for whatever variations you want from there. That will beat starting from scratch in each profile and hoping for the best. Especially if you do not have RICE support.
    Oh, it's already wired up. This was a build that I had commissioned a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by darth.maledous View Post
    Looks like I need a little more help with this.. The Prizm4 supports up to 10 color profiles. From page 25 of the manual:

The board is provided with 10 default color profiles
    ## Color profiles
    color0=0,940,0
    fcolor0=940,430,0
    color1=0,0,940
    fcolor1=900,0,940
    color2=940,0,0
    fcolor2=0,630,400
    color3=0,830,400
    fcolor3=700,940,0
    color4=840,0,630
    fcolor4=0,0,940
    color5=940,430,0
    fcolor5=0,940,0
    color6=740,930,0
    fcolor6=0,740,600

Am I correct that color0 - color6 represents 7 color profiles? I should be able to add color7 - color9 which would be 10 total correct? Also, how do I configure each sound font to start with a particular color profile? I can't seem to find that in the manual.

Thanks,
    Yes, you can add color7-color9 but make sure not to overdrive them... And if you chose a color with the button combination and then switch to your next sound font: cycle through again. The color on the sound font stays, on the same color you left it. And btw I'm German so: If this isn't described well, someone please translate my words Another way to do that is by going into the desired bank folder and change the settings in the leds.txt (I think that's what it's called...) Hope I could help even though my weird description...
    Join me, join the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheForce View Post
    Yes, you can add color7-color9 but make sure not to overdrive them... And if you chose a color with the button combination and then switch to your next sound font: cycle through again. The color on the sound font stays, on the same color you left it. And btw I'm German so: If this isn't described well, someone please translate my words Another way to do that is by going into the desired bank folder and change the settings in the leds.txt (I think that's what it's called...) Hope I could help even though my weird description...
    Thanks GregTheForce, I appreciate your reply. So to put it another way, the Prizm 4 has 6 sound banks, what I'm trying to understand is how/where to go to define the color that BANK 1 will use. Can someone lend a hand with that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darth.maledous View Post
    Thanks GregTheForce, I appreciate your reply. So to put it another way, the Prizm 4 has 6 sound banks, what I'm trying to understand is how/where to go to define the color that BANK 1 will use. Can someone lend a hand with that?

Thanks
    While the saber is on, you scroll through and select your color for a that specific sound font, and the saber will remember the next time you go to that sound font. I am not sure of a way to assign that via RICE? Rice is best used to actually tweak the color profile. Just use the aux button to assign a color to a bank.