Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Random has lux sabers now...

Interesting indeed. I wonder how long it will be until Parks starts making Luxeon sabers, too?

And on a side note, would it kill yall to be more friendly?
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

I think it might.

Quote Originally Posted by LordArgyll
    I think it might.
    And would that necessarily be a bad thing?
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21
    Quote Originally Posted by LordArgyll
    I think it might.
    And would that necessarily be a bad thing?
    If you were interested in having him machine one for you it doesn't change much. You'll just save a few bucks.

BUT since Ryan was already making them for an installation fee I'm pretty sure it's not going to change anyone's mind. I doubt there are hoards thinking "Sweet, I think I'll pay for him to make one for me now."

EDIT: Forgot the parks comment... he's too invested in the 3/4" neck. It will be a while before he changes. RY also has been doing installs forever... it's only a natural leap. It wasn't that long ago that he decided to stock EL parts too.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Besides...who wants to wait 9 months for Ryan to actually get around to machine your saber and install the electronics? Not I. The guy does nice work, but no thanks.

Ive been telling people on random alot about tcss.Ry says el blades are duelable.Is that true? From what i've heard and seen they are not according to some here.

I do have one problem with ry though.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

"some" EL blades aren't duelable. It depends on how they are constructed. I suppose a good strike could weaken the connection of the tiny wires to the mono plug, but it depends.

I've got one of Tim's lime EL blades and have beat the snot out of it for over a year and have not been able to break it.

Ryma Mara

Yeah EL is deffinatly duelable but like mentioned the wires are brittle and are prone to breaking. I think someone here had a problem with that not to long ago.

But yeah Ry does some awsome work but so far I have seen people waiting a year or more for a hilt and to me thats not worth it.

Default RandomSabers

I know a lot of people don't like waiting for custom pieces like that. I can't imagine someone being excited that they DO have to wait so long. I've been waiting a couple years for my buddy Ace to finish up my Killer Penny saber, but that's mainly because we kept upgrading the design to keep up with whatever new technology came out. I think we've got it figured out though. I'm hoping to have it by C4.

As for Ryan's sabers, it's an apples vs. oranges thing comparing CNC machined MHS sabers to hand made custom one of a kinds. That's not to say one is better than the other, they're just different. I've seen some sabers Ryan has made for people and thought they looked great. I've seen others that could only leave me wondering what the customer was thinking when they designed it.

Corbin

Ryma Mara

Yeah like the one with the piece of flatstock on it and the one that looks like a fountian.

But From looking at alot of them they all remind me of film sabers. I have seen maybe 15 of them that resemble kit fistos.

But there all nice none the less but then again there mostly from peoples imaginations.

Apples and oranges.

But iam a fan of granny smith green apples.