Thread: Sound boards and speakers

Default Sound boards and speakers

I have a couple of questions regarding soundboards and speakers.

First: What's are the user-experience differences among the few speakers available from TCSS? For my first build, I used the 2W 28mm bass speaker. I don't think I have any complaints but I don't really have anything to compare it to.

I realize "best" is subjective but I was just wondering if someone could clue me in as to how the 28mm speaker and the 28mm bass speaker sound different.

Second: I built my first hilt using the pre-wired NBv3. I may be going with a Prizm V4 for my next build. Any specific things I should be aware of? I mean from a wiring/soldering standpoint, is there anything that made anyone else think "yikes! Good thing I read the manual!" I plan to actually read the manual before I start playing with the thing so even more useful would be anything that made anyone think "yikes! That should be mentioned in the manual!"

you'll have a jump in audio quality going from an NB to a Prizm as its 10bit audio compared to 16. As far as the speakers go the bass has more you guessed it bass but the deluxe speaker definitely has more clarity. So its kinda like whats more important to you, the hum/swing sounds or the clashand other sfx sounds. Plus a good resonance chamber is key to a good sounding saber.

Why doesn't anyone on these boards mention the Naigon cards? Is it because they're not carried in the shop? He's got a big ol' TCSS link on his pages....

We see people posting builds with them from time to time, but we generally refrain from discussing other saber component vendors. The Naigon cards are fine, but since they're not sold at TCSS, we don't discuss them.

It would be in very poor taste to use the TCSS forums to convince someone to buy a sound card from somewhere else.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!