Thread: Custom MHS "shroud"

Default Custom MHS "shroud"

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here, but I've lurked for a little while. I'm also NOT at all handy (so I'm shooting for a more "ready made" hilt), so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong spot on the forum, or has already been asked/answered etc. I wanted to see if any of you had knowledge/input on this, or if this is just a Tim question.

Is it possible to have a pre-threaded shroud made similar to the attached image? I've used dimensions similar to standard MHS parts. This piece is double female, but it could be male/female too.

Thanks.

mhs_test_piece.jpg

With time, money, and desire most things are possible. I think unless you have a specific need for a double female, most would expect female for the blade holder, and male for the body/extension/choke/etc.

I recently commissioned a custom pommel to be machined by Tim. If you give him all the relevant dimensions and explain what you want, you can refine your design with him and he will turn/mill the parts exactly to your design. That way you can be sure they will fit with the MHS Parts.

Thanks, thela. I think I will reach out to him soon.