Thread: New plecter pixel blade coming soon!!!

Default New plecter pixel blade coming soon!!!

Yet another advancement in blade tech! Not sure if it's removable or medium/heavy duel worthy though. I sent TCSS a message to find out more. Hopefully it is! Also checking to see if it's compatible with Plecter CF, PC, and Prizm cards. I'm assuming it is and just takes the place of the LED module since I'm guessing it's some sort of string LED system. Again, if it's string LED, I'm not sure how the blade is removable, maybe some sort of plug at the end of the blade, and a receptacle module at the bottom of the blade holder? Tim is keeping me and I'm sure many of you posted on this!

I'm assuming that it's going to be neo-pixel strips. I know there's at least one build out there at the minute. Plenty of LED blades out there that are removable these days as well. Seem to be fairly durable these days as well.

I posted about my current WIP yesterday which is a pixel saber. I do use strips for the pixels and adapters for disconnecting the blade. One the things I like most about using the adapters is I can charge and program through the emitter, and I don't need a kill key because the saber is powered down if there is no blade or plug inserted. I'm rebuilding my blade this week so I'll have a video on how I do it. It may not be the best method, but right now there aren't a lot of people building them so it's been hard to find other ideas. I am hoping Erv's influence will broaden that discussion!

Blog Entries

That's very cool. Great idea about using the emitter end as a port. I can't wait to find out more about this new tech.

Excellent, looking forward to it!