Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My second saber :D

Post My second saber :D

Hey guys! I will order the parts for my first build very soon, so in the meantime i was planning my second saber, which is featuring a PRIZM
    I am still planning a little so advice would be appreciated as always. I aswell may or may not make a build-log for this

So now to the parts I want to use:

- HILT:

- 8 inch double female extension
    - Pommel style 3
    - Blade holder style 18
    - Box 14

- MISC:

- 8-32 thumb screw for blade retention
    - diamond knurling 3.5 inches
    - Drill & Tap for the blade retention screw
    - 1" Thin walled clear PolyC 34" long
    - Clear 1" thin walled blade tip
    - quad film
    - holes for box 14
    - powder coating flat black for bh 18

- ELECTRONICS:

- PRIZM V4
    - recharge port
    - R.I.C.E. port
    - Tri-Cree RGrB
    - thermal pads
    - LED lense
    - 2x 16mm AV switch -illuminated in red and orange
    - 28mm Bass speaker
    - Resistor - 1x 1 Ohm for red - 2x 0.47 ohm for blue and green
    - Dyna-Ohm x2

- CHASSIS:

- acrylic disks for PC and 18650 battery
    - aluminium spacers: working on it

- Chamber:
    maybe if I have space

Thank you for helping/suggestions
    Cheers,

Greg

MySaber2.jpgMySaber2internal.jpg
    Last edited by GregTheForce; 02-20-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: updating list
    Join me, join the dark side!

Nothing looks out of place or missing.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you for replying so fast!

This hobby is definitely adicting isn't it?

Looks like a good list so far, if you're interested in doing a chamber/chassis, you will probably have to seperate your main body into smaller pieces. Use a couple double female extentions connected with the 1/4" double male connector, that way you can lock the chassis/chamber in place.

Take a look at my build, it should give you some ideas on how to intigrate a chamber/cassis into your build.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Quote Originally Posted by NaasadTal View Post
    This hobby is definitely adicting isn't it?

Looks like a good list so far, if you're interested in doing a chamber/chassis, you will probably have to seperate your main body into smaller pieces. Use a couple double female extentions connected with the 1/4" double male connector, that way you can lock the chassis/chamber in place.
    Take a look at my build, it should give you some ideas on how to intigrate a chamber/cassis into your build.
    Thank you, but I will see as I am not in the captability of making such pretty stuff

I've only built one hilt so far that isn't a single piece. I don't see any particular reason it would need to be any other way, it all depends on how your buttons, etc work. Greenfield made a saber that the entire inside comes out of!

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    I've only built one hilt so far that isn't a single piece. I don't see any particular reason it would need to be any other way, it all depends on how your buttons, etc work. Greenfield made a saber that the entire inside comes out of!
    Yup, but I think Naasad wants to utilize the chamber disks so they lock in that way... I mean i have only about 4 inches for the speaker holder, aswell as the 18650 and the PRIZM... I thought it would be enough (0.75+0.5+1+0.5 as a maximum is 3.75). Am i right? or should i go safe with the 8/9 inch double female extension? Or is the saber too long then, as it's full lenght would be over 13 inches? Sorry if I messed something up though

Ok little update: I decided to go with the 8 inch double female for extra space MySaber2int.jpg

Now also decided to go with knurling 1 inch from the end and 3.5 inches long.
    MySaber2intknurling.jpg
    Last edited by GregTheForce; 02-20-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Update: Finished chassis. Will it work? What can I improve? Should i make a small chamber? Chassis.jpg