Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PLI / Box 1

Default PLI / Box 1

Could folks point me at some photos of how they've used the PLI / Box 1 combo? I'm having trouble picturing it as anything but a bare PCB sticking out the side of the sabre.

No, huh?

Okay; how about an easier question? If one wires the designed PLI into a box 1, is there room to put a bubble card on top of it? For that matter, could one put that PLI into the replica Graflex clamp, or the MPP clamp?

Blog Entries

I've had the same question. I have the Box 1, and I don't see how anything other than the card would fit. I have never understood how to use the PLI in that box.

With box one as it is, you can use either the PLI or a card, but not both. I think is would be neat to have a box 1 machined to hold the PLI with a bubble strip on top. That would be a cool effect.

I really like tge idea of the PLI/bubble strip idea! I'll have to bookmark that idea!

Where are you all getting the PLI? TCSS never has them......is there some secret handshake I need to know to get one?

Anyone ever use the HPI racing battery level indicators, do they work as a PLI?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1114 View Post
    Where are you all getting the PLI? TCSS never has them......is there some secret handshake I need to know to get one?
    I'm pretty sure you asked, and I answered, this question on a different thread. Mine was purchased almost ten years ago. TCSS is a very small shop, and some stuff just doesn't get to the top of the build queue very often. Put yourself down for restock notification, set the money for it aside, and be patient. Eventually, a batch will get made or bought or whatever is required.

Very often, saber construction is a long process, unless you have the skills and equipment to make the bits yourself. Be patient. Ever in motion, the stock is.

You did answer thank you. However you are only one person. I am looking for more feedback on where everyone else seems to be getting them.

Seems like the last time anyone said anything about them in 2015 so I am assuming that is the last time TCSS had them.

Is there another source for them? Most times I ask, NO ONE ever responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1114 View Post
    Is there another source for them? Most times I ask, NO ONE ever responds.
    I think most people here are conscious that these forums are attached to a store. Even though the store CURRENTLY doesn't have the part you need, pointing you to another source is against the forum rules.

should keep the store more stocked if they don't want us to go elsewhere.

There is always private message BTW.
    Last edited by Mike1114; 06-21-2017 at 03:38 PM.