Thread: Prewired NBV3 assy and prewired AV switch question. Can't find answer anywhere

Default Prewired NBV3 assy and prewired AV switch question. Can't find answer anywhere

Hi, this is my first saber build with sound and trying to make it easy on myself using the MWS is giving me a headache. I'm using the prewired NBV3 board and prewired, lighted 16mm AV switch. I know where to plug the main switch wire into the assembly but I cannot figure out where to plug the male JST for the led in the switch. The website says the board is prewired for all MWS components, but I don't see where it can go in this setup. At this point, the only thing I can see to do is cut off the JST connector from the switch LED, and tap into the black ground wire for the negative and solder the power wire to the accent LED pad on the board, which I really don't want to do if possible.

If anyone can suggest a better option, it would be very appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hei Long

I don't think the MWS is preset for the AV LED, only standard switches.

This will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A-_PBRtZKE

Warlock is correct, the wiring harness for the NBv3 does not support the led in the sitch, as there is no way for TCSS to know how you want the switch to function, which determines how it should be wired to the board. There are two places on the board to wire the switch led, both are covered in the manual on pages 12 and 13. Another way to do it is to wire it parallel to the main blade. You would of course, need to do some soldering to make any of those options work. I would use one of these: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/JS...lack-P964.aspx and solder that to the deep sleep pad as shown on page 13 in the manual, and plug the switch led into that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the info. I have some 3 way JST connectors from my RC planes parts that I can use to tap into the LED wires or the black and red from the battery as the LED has its own resistor wired in. Greatly appreciate the advice!
    Cheers
    Hei Long

If you're tapping directly into the battery line then the led will be on constantly.