Thread: Modular installation

Default Modular installation

Hello there. This is my first time looking into doing my own installation but I know nothing about soldering and wiring components. It it possible to do a NBv3 install with 100% modular/prewired components and no soldering required?

Blog Entries

I don't believe there is a totally soldering free solution.

Why the hesitation? Don't want to goof up your board? An easy solution could be to get a component free prototype board from an electronics store or site and practice on that. You could also salvage a board from some old electronics and use that. You can also practice soldering wire and resistors as they are both pretty cheap.

Trust me when I say soldering is a great skill to learn, is not scary once you try and there are risk free ways to do it before diving into wiring a saber.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

You can get close with MWS (modular wiring system) but will still probably need to solder in a resistor. The bad news is the MWS NBv3 is out of stock.

You nailed it. I don't want to dive into it and short out an expensive NBv3 board.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0002LUALG is my solution for prepping to solder on a Petit Crouton board. U$8.95 each, and if you've soldered it properly, the light lights up when you're done.