Thread: 2005 Vader Conversion help

Default 2005 Vader Conversion help

Hello TCSS forum. i am looking for any help and/or advice on my 2005 vader MR conversion. I have the quick disconnect style wiring, although looking at the color code for the wires it appeared to be the same, so i wired it as instructed on the TCSS tutorial for vaders. the light does come on, however its intermittent, almost as if its tied into the motion sensor. also the internal components are getting very hot, to the point of smoking. obviously somethings wrong and im looking for some insight into this build. thanks to anyone for the help!

Crossed wires/ too much solder. If you used a transistor watch you have the legs connected properly.

I have never done a vader conversion myself, but the above are common reasons why it would heat up.

disassembling everything this evening and starting over fresh. see what happens

When I did my MR Anakin it helped to test the activation before putting it all back together. Just hold the battery pack in place to the board connector and turn it on.