Thread: Tri-cree lens heat sink

Default Tri-cree lens heat sink

Looking at the tri cree focus lens in the tccs store, it has this description: "These are designed to work with Tri-Rebel LED's and MHS "new style" Heat Sink V3." I am wondering if it will also work with the V4?

Quote Originally Posted by noahd@vt.edu View Post
    Looking at the tri cree focus lens in the tccs store, it has this description: "These are designed to work with Tri-Rebel LED's and MHS "new style" Heat Sink V3." I am wondering if it will also work with the V4?
    Yes, it would.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Wow you guys are fast! As a follow-up to that question, what exactly would make me select one heat sink over another? I searched heat sinks in the forum but didn't turn up too much. I know in the V4 description it says V3 is preferable for better cooling - unfortunately it's also out of stock at the moment. If it was you would you just wait for the V3 to come back in stock?

It's just a space preference thing. V3's technically would be a bit "better", but V4's would work as long as you have some space behind them.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

It's a matter of thermal mass. The v3 has more. Which is better is determined by your use case.