Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Ahsoka" gives intriguing details on the white blades

Blog Entries

Default "Ahsoka" gives intriguing details on the white blades

Has anyone read "Ahsoka" (Disney Lucasfilm Press, 2016)? I'll avoid spoilers, but the story behind Ahsoka's white saber blades is intriguing. There are also fascinating details on how she built her new sabers.

Gotnitnas an audible and loved it to be honest. I liked how the crystals were handled for both Jedi and sith. Kinna explains some things better

I enjoyed it. Again no spoilers, but it also covers why Sith lightsabers are red (completely changing what was previously in the EU).

Blog Entries

Yes, "bleeding" the crystal. Interesting.

My beef with the "bleeding" crystals is that in RotS, Anakin's lightsaber is blue for the entire movie.

Because he didn't force the crystal to bond with him when he made his saber. He changed slowly afterwards and then took a sudden dramatic drop at the end. It's not like the crystal can turn itself off ��

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    My beef with the "bleeding" crystals is that in RotS, Anakin's lightsaber is blue for the entire movie.
    I think had the whole "higher ground" thing worked out better, he would have bled the crystal red in his graflex. The time from I dub thee Darth Vader to hot lava makeover was pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    I think had the whole "higher ground" thing worked out better, he would have bled the crystal red in his graflex. The time from I dub thee Darth Vader to hot lava makeover was pretty short.
    Personally, I think he would have built a new one even if Obi-Wan hadn't taken the graflex, one final tie from his past to sever before becoming the lovable mechano-man we know now.

I also love the explanation of bleeding the crystals, it kind of lends itself to the fact that Sith used synthetic crystals. They would have had to force the fakes to connect to The Force in order for them to work properly.
    Last edited by NaasadTal; 04-27-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Is it not canon that Luke has a synthetic green crystal in ROTJ? Most if not all the kyber/kaiburr crystals were destroyed/confiscated by the empire.

The deleted scene of Luke tinkering with his saber is pretty cool. I had only seen it for the first time a few weeks ago.

Anakins "graflex" would've stopped working all-together I'd think. It may be a part of why he couldn't defeat Obi-wan.