Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Hand: My very first build

Couple of updates:

Finally finished the Darth Ryo all in one MHS chassis. I went with gold and brass colors to try and create a partially rusted looking inner core:

Vandal switch with red LED and the TCSS switch 20 are wired up and attached to the activation box:

Custom blade plug:

I'm hoping to get some advice on the following:

I'd like to use either replica graflex button or the replica glass eye as a blade retention screw, but I don't want them to protrude out of the blade holder like you see in the pictures above. How can I go about using them as blade retention screws, while having them be flush on the blade holder? I hope I'm making sense. More updates tomorrow.

Thanks.
    Last edited by darth.maledous; 06-29-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Dremel off a little bit at a time being careful to not damage remaining threads until you get it to the length that provides enough tension to hold the blade and is still screwed in far enough to look good to you.

Just be careful not to take off too much or it won't hold the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzan View Post
    Dremel off a little bit at a time being careful to not damage remaining threads until you get it to the length that provides enough tension to hold the blade and is still screwed in far enough to look good to you.

Just be careful not to take off too much or it won't hold the blade.
    Thanks for the response. Would you recommend using a sanding wheel or a cutting wheel for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    That's a nice chassis. Printed?
    Thanks Jenny; yes it's printed.

A cut off wheel would be quicker/easier but if you sand or file you can do it a bit at a time and test fit till you're happy with it.

Edit: Forgot to say, really liking the look of that saber dude. Nice work.
    Last edited by Greenie; 06-21-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    A cut off wheel would be quicker/easier but if you sand or file you can do it a bit at a time and test fit till you're happy with it.

Edit: Forgot to say, really liking the look of that saber dude. Nice work.
    Thanks Greenie! Trying to take my time with it, but I must say that it's taking an extreme amount of patience and self control to keep from rushing to the finish line

Quote Originally Posted by darth.maledous View Post
    Thanks Jenny; yes it's printed.
    I may hound you for the file at a later date. I particularly like what you've done with your recharge port.

Definitely liking the look of this one
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

Small update.. Got the 3D chassis installed early this morning and some of the wiring routed. Should be able to finish up over this weekend:

I'm liking how it's coming together finally
    Last edited by darth.maledous; 06-29-2017 at 03:50 PM.