Thread: Shadow Hand: My very first build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shadow Hand: My very first build

Hi everyone. So I'm finally starting the build log for my very first saber build. This is actually a project that I'm doing with my daughter; she's an electronics geek/tinkerer on her way to being a Comp. Sci major like her old man here. Anyway, we originally planned on doing a Starkiller build, but, I got a little nervous about cutting the graflex shroud on our first time around, so we decided on something a little different. I came across a build that Obi-Shane had done and it became the inspiration of what we're building now. I reached out to Obi-Shane to get his permission, which he gladly gave and here we are. This saber consists of all MHS/TCSS parts, with the exception of some of the parts for the crystal chamber, the 3d printed chassis, the bass speaker and the soundboard:

• 4" DF Grooved extension
    • V-grooved ribbed extension, with a custom milled section for the chamber
    • MHS Blade holder 20v2
    • Red Graflex button and clear Graflex eye
    • Short style Graflex electrical pins
    • MHS Heat sink v4
    • Chassis discs 2, 3, 4 and 5
    • MHS Pommel style 4 - I might change this to Pommel style 3v2
    • MHS Activation box 6
    • MHS Switch 20 and 16mm AV red dot switches
    • MHS MPS Insert style 6
    • NEC Spark Color 2 soundboard
    • Saber Essentials v4 speaker
    • Custom crystal chamber, from my buddy JediArmsDealer

My daughter wants a red blade, since this will be a Sith sword, but we're on the fence as to go with a DeepRed/DeepRed/Amber or RGB. We ordered, and received, both extensions, the blade holder and the heat sink. The rest of the MHS parts should be here sometime next week; so while we're waiting, I figured I'd get a start on weathering some of the parts:

Before:

Last edited by darth.maledous; 06-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.