Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vindicator (SWTOR staff)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks everyone! Yes, it's true, I am very much not proud of this one, because I know I'm capable of a much cleaner execution. But I understand that when designing, engineering, and executing simultaneously, some penguins fall off the iceberg - that's life. But thank you to all for the compliments!

@Malketh, Welcome, and enjoy! It you ever break it, first of all -WOW-... but just lemme know and I'll fix it for you.

Man if I could make something half as nice as this I would be so happy. This is amazing work. I know we are our own worst critics, but don't be so hard on yourself. Your work is beautiful.

While an awareness that you can do better is a useful goad to actually doing better, that doesn't make what you have done valueless.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know, and you guys are always so quick to make me feel better too; thank you.

I should also refrain from voicing too much self-doubt, I sometimes comes off as humble-bragging. :P

That's a beautiful staff. It looks a little too fragile to duel with, but I *love* that color scheme. Fantastic execution.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

<drool>
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Muchos Thank yous, fellas!

@SS, Yes, the emitter claws, possibly, but the rest is actually very sturdy. it's reinforced at all the joints... so, srsly, IF home-dogg can break it - WOW

Very cool! I wonder if Rey in the new Star Wars movies will eventually get a saber staff. If she is the last Jedi, she will need all the help she can get against several Knights of Ren. Could her use of a staff in TFA be a foreshadowing of her eventual weapon of choice?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That would be pretty cool - goodie with a double. Why let all the baddies have all the crazy designs? #DoubleReySaber

Great job, coolest staff stunt I've ever seen. I really like the rings and electric strip in the center. Very impressive!!!