Thread: Saber Combat Schools / Dojo

Default Saber Combat Schools / Dojo

Yes, I did do a search, and yes, I did see that the most recent thread discussing saber combat was eight years ago. I do understand that this is primarily a builder's forum. And, with the disclaimers out of the way...

Tonight, while under the influence of painsomnia, I was poking around the interwebz and came upon an international lightsaber sport organization. Unfortunately for me, they're mostly European, and the nearest American school is an eight hour drive (or a fifty hour bicycle trip... thanks, Google maps!) from where I live.

I studied Kendo when I was younger and healthy, and always wanted to study Shinkendo and Escrima, both of which I think would be applicable to lightsaber combat. But seeing the listing made me wonder... how many of you practice in some kind of organization / school / dojo that uses lightsabers as the focus weapon? Link? What's your opinion of them?

My kids brought home a flyer from their school where some group was teaching saber combat with lightsaber replicas as an after school activity. This is in the Tampa - Plant City, FL area. I didn't see anything for adults in the flyer but since it was geared towards kids in school they probably didn't want adults in the after-school program. They likely teach the same stuff in their dojo though.

The group I practice with here in Arizona called Syndicate Saber United & pretty sure this group is only here in AZ, but there is another group called The Saber Guild who I believe has chapters across the US.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Thanks, Naasad. I'll see if there are any near me.