Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saber build log - Aegnor's Soulless

But that shows a tri-star; aren't you using a quadpod?

Hi!

Here is a new wiring diagram using actual CF8 board.
    Electric2.jpg

Nope: I use a triStar for this saber. I previewed to make use of quad (Cree XM-L as suggested in another topic) for another saber, based on CF8+CEx. I'll surely make another BuildLog for that one as it will be "miiine" and I have planned some weird interior design too... But actually, for the current saber, no. Just a TriStar...

Ah, I guess I missed the QuadPod being for a different sabre. I'll watch for your wiring diagram on that one with interest!

CF8 just hacked to make it "single cell" complient.
    The hard way: too big soldering iron, too short tin-sucker (I don't get the actual word for that copper bread ^_^)... About half an hour to make the bridge out of a steel-that-don't-want-to-be-tinned wire... And at last I use a cotton-bud to spread flux arround and it made lint I had to remove with pliers. A loooong day...

Quote Originally Posted by Anoril View Post
    tin-sucker (I don't get the actual word for that copper bread ^_^)
    That's a new one for me. I've seen it called desoldering braid or desoldering wick. tin-sucker works, and is probably much better than what I would have come up with in French.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    I've seen it called desoldering braid or desoldering wick.
    Haha! I mispelled "braid"
    Thanks for the correction! I'll go to sleep cleverer

Hello!

I eventually found time to go with wiring my CF8 and all the components for testing.
    My wiring diagram was incorrect: power LED chan2 et chan3 were inverted! I placed the anode on the PEx of the chans and the kathode on the Pow- pad of the board... :P
    Well, the LED did not fry.
    Now, it works fine!
    Last edited by Anoril; 06-22-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Any hilt progress? I wanna see the whole thing. Looks nice. Its like a cross of Luke's Empire and Jedi lightsabers in a way :P
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Hi!
    I'm done with the sound board settings.

I quite slow as I have to look after my newborn who is quite "time consuming"

I'm waiting for a new drill (I broke the last one few weeks ago) to start with body modifications and screw placements. Actually I'm missing a dramatic part: the Graflex clamp, so I'm also stuck for this reason. I run into a lot of interesting adventures

I'll check your saber references as they look interresting too

Thanks for reading!

Regards

Hi!

I'm not dead! Just lost in the outer rims...

Ho! And I made a hole! (and some scratchs)

Sabre Laser - K_1P3870 - 1.jpg

I'm sure I'm close to the end!