Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saber build log - Aegnor's Soulless

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    Yeah your gonna run into BIG (pardon the pun) space problems inside the ribbed section. Love the way they look but they make for some more interesting cram-fu. Oh and I like the simple look of the saber. Weathered it will have a nice Dark side feel.
    Thanks for the message! More photos soon and a lot of cram-fu expected :P

Hello!

I tried and painted quickly the chassis prototype using technique depicted by Martin Bayer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrepVM8liF8). It's not perfect and it's not intended to. BTW, I'm not sure to be able to make a better job

As said before: the prototype works well but is not perfect. For instance, chassis is "too big" to fit the TCSS parts and some scratchs are visible on the paint because of the attrition when inserting the crystal chamber in the tube.

Prototype.jpg

The final part would be smaller about 0.2mm and I improved a lot of things that were not printable.

Crystal_Chamber_v43.jpg

The crystal is supposed to change the soundfonts of the saber and a micro-switch is placed for this. It is triggered by a mobile crystal holder attached to a flexible piece of plastic. It worked fine on the prototype. In the actual crystal chamber, I may use a metallic part to be sure it won't break.

Détail languette.jpg

More news to come!
    Last edited by Anoril; 04-19-2017 at 08:32 AM.

I actually used a similar technique with iron for a chassis. I ended up rubbing it down with my needle nose pliers, mostly on a whim. Most people are shocked that it's a 3D printed piece of plastic, even if I think it's obvious.

That's true: initially, it's plain grey, but when rubbing it with care (not on my pics ) it ends up very... shiny and realistic

Wiring is likely going to give you the most trouble with a cramfu design. Wires rarely follow where you want as they tend to "spring".

-Denzil

Quote Originally Posted by Denz View Post
    Wiring is likely going to give you the most trouble with a cramfu design.
    Why are people still harping on this? He's clearly demonstrated that he knows what he's doing, and can handle whatever arises!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Why are people still harping on this? He's clearly demonstrated that he knows what he's doing, and can handle whatever arises!
    Haha! Thanks for the encouragements, but I'm not that sure of what I'm doing! I have a good experience in wiring but not in such a confined space. As some arose before, it will be a very challenge to me

I start tomorrow...

I want to see your wiring diagram, please? I anticipate I'll learn something from it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I want to see your wiring diagram, please? I anticipate I'll learn something from it!
    Hi! You can find it on the first page of this thread, but I place it there again: (or I don't understand your request ^_^)
    Attachment 15276
    I can make a clearer one, if you want, or a parted one with every feature on a single diagram

Regards