Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Slow Saber Build Thread: A Sentinel Called Sorrow

Well, one of the reasons I haven't posted anything in this thread recently is that a friend of mine who's a triple-E professional who works with LEDs for a living is making me a custom circuit board which will go in the choke section. It contains buck/boost for the LEDs, and a reed switch that turns the saber on / off in the presence of a magnetic field, so I don't have to have external switches, just wear a magnet in my ring. (Easily available, due to quack medicine claims about magnetism).

Could you do a more standard stunt saber, with a non-custom board? I think so. Put the switch in the pommel. You'd have to do something like just putting O-rings around the battery, as the slightly-over 20 mm interior is larger than the nominal 18mm width of an 18650, but only barely so. You'd need your resistors padded as well, if you're going to do any sparring with the stunt saber. But yes; I think there would be room for that, and the heat sink / LED / Lens.

Cram-fu? Yes. Possible? Yeah, I seriously think it would be.

Thanks! I'm a complete noob to building my own sabers but I'm really tempted to give it a shot. I love the idea of the smaller, thinner hilt.