Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question on a Tri Cree

Default Question on a Tri Cree

I'm thinking of getting a Custom Tri Cree with Red Orange/Amber/White dies. White for FoC, and mixing the other two to try to get a deep orange. Anyone done this before? Am I over thinking this? Would it be better to use an RGB and mix the colors? If so would i just use FoC with a different resister to create a good noticeable flash?

What sound card are you using?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yea that'd be helpful to know wouldn't it?

NBv3

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Anyone at all?
    If I get a chance, I'll see if a saber I have that has Red-Orange and Amber is set to mix those two colors together - with that said, I doubt those two colors will get you to Orange. You're also not going to be able to easily mix a RGB Tri-Cree with a NB.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks. I kinna figured RGB mixing wouldn't be best. I know I could via resistors but that would be pretty much trail and error without buying a few pots.

Trial and error is fine. Buy a handful of various value resistors and experiment. They're only pennies and it's good to have spares. It's the easiest option for pseudo colour mixing with the NB.

Is it possible to get a good FoC effect with RGB as well? I've always thought FoC was best with white.

Finally found a video of someone with same LED set up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK9mWG37o_Y

That's Girot, he's a member here. Maybe you could PM him for a little assistance.